- SheepShaver is an open source project designed to emulate Power Mac hardware with versions for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, and more. In order to make it work, you need to download a copy appropriate for your hardware and operating system, have handy a copy of the Mac operating system (versions 7.5.2 through 9.0.4 – and not a copy that’s tied.
- In order to run PowerPC Classic MacOS software you will need a copy of MacOS and PowerMachintosh ROM image. On PowerPC-based system, SheepShaver enables you to run applications at native speeds.
- Sheepshaver for mac free download. Mac OS 8 and 9 Windows SheepShaver This project is a SheepShaver package that I have been working on for Windows. It contains everythin.
Sheepshaver Mac Os 9 Download
What is SheepShaver?
Find SheepShaver software downloads at CNET Download.com, the most comprehensive source for safe, trusted, and spyware-free downloads on the Web.
SheepShaver is a MacOS run-time environment for BeOS and Linux that allows you to run classic MacOS applications inside the BeOS/Linux multitasking environment. This means that both BeOS/Linux and MacOS applications can run at the same time (usually in a window on the BeOS/Linux desktop) and data can be exchanged between them. Hi res audio player for mac. If you are using a PowerPC-based system, applications will run at native speed (i.e. with no emulation involved). There is also a built-in PowerPC emulator for non-PowerPC systems.
SheepShaver is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). However, you still need a copy of MacOS and a PowerMac ROM image to use SheepShaver. If you're planning to run SheepShaver on a PowerMac, you probably already have these two items.
SheepShaver runs with varying degree of functionality on the following systems:
Sheepshaver Mac Os 9
Sheepshaver For Mac
- Unix with X11 (Linux i386/x86_64/ppc, NetBSD 2.x, FreeBSD 3.x)
- Mac OS X (PowerPC and Intel)
- Windows NT/2000/XP
- BeOS R4/R5 (PowerPC)
Some of SheepShaver's features
How To Download Sheepshaver For Mac
- Runs MacOS 7.5.2 thru 9.0.4. MacOS X as a guest is not supported.
- Color video display
- CD quality sound output
- Access to floppy disks, CD-ROMs and HFS(+) partitions on hard disks
- Easy file exchange with the host OS via a 'Host Directory Tree' icon on the Mac desktop
- Internet and LAN networking via Ethernet
- Serial drivers
- SCSI Manager (old-style) emulation